- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that are automatically dropped on your computer as you browse the web. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies can be divided in various categories based on their characteristics and function. This Cookie Statement explains what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them.
- CHARACTERISTICS AND PURPOSES OF THE COOKIES
Cookies cab be set:
- by the website owner are called “first party cookies”;
- by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”.
- Cookies for which no consent is required
Technical cookies are used on the web site only to make possible the navigation on it and allow the use of its functionalities. They are not used for anything more and are usually installed directly by the owner of the master of the website. These cookies are installed without user’s prior consent and they can be divided in:
- navigation or session cookies, essential to make websites work properly;
- analytic cookie, similar to technical cookies when directly used by site owner to collect data on general number of visits and on user interactions, to make the website work better; (see Google Analytics cookies).
- features cookie, which allow the user to browse any website based on selected criteria (language, for example) to provide a better experience.
2.2 Cookies for which the consent is required
Profiling cookies can’t be installed without user’s prior consent and information. They can be divided in various categories based on their function:
- Analytics. This set of cookies are used to collect informations, generate usage statistics, monitor and improve site performance. All information collected through this cookies are aggregated and anonymous, without personal identification of individual visitors.
- Widgets. This set of cookies are all those graphic components of a user interface of a program, which has the purpose of facilitating the user in the interaction with the program itself (for example Facebook, Google +, Twitter cookies are widgets)
- Advertising. This category includes cookies used to advertise on a site. Google, Tradedoubler fall into this category.
- Web beacons. Web beacons, which are also known as clear GIFs, Web bugs or pixel tags, are often used in combination with cookies. They are images (often transparent) that are part of Web pages. Web beacons can be used to count users who have visited certain pages and to generate statistics about how certain site is used, control and reporting on advertising and personalization of advertising and content .
- COOKIES PRESENT ON OUR WEBSITE
- TECHNICAL COOKIES necessary to guarantee a better browsing experience and acquire statistical information in aggregate form related to its navigation on our site (for which consent is not required)
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES connected to the services provided by Google Analytic that allow the Data Controller to monitor and analyze traffic data and are used to keep track of User behavior (require consent)
This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses a set of cookies to collect informations, generate usage statistics, monitor and improve site performance. All information collected through these cookies are aggregate and anonymous, without personal identifications of individuals visitors. The collected data are: cookies and usage data.
- COOKIES MANAGEMENT
DATA CONTROLLER is Valiani S.R.L Via delle Regioni, 305 – 50052 Certaldo – Firenze (Italia). firstname.lastname@example.org